Re: [XP] Refactoring: Which first - Packages or Classes

  • Brian C. Robinson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2001
      At 04:25 PM 8/30/01, you wrote:
      >Based on your experience, do you prefer to start on package-oriented
      >refactorings first like Extract Package, or class-oriented
      >refactorings like Extract Method.

      I haven't done any system wide refactoring that changes packages and
      classes all at once but from what I have done I would suggest extract
      method. You'll often find that extracting methods will lead to extracting
      classes. If you were to extract packages first you might later have to
      more package refactoring as a result of extracting classes.