RE: [XP] XP Team ? Degree Requirements

  • Steve Ropa
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2001
      Interesting. I find that the non-CS degree people are more successful over
      the long term for the same reason. They aren't mired in theoretical CS. As
      far as abstract thinking, I would think a philosophy degree would be the
      ideal. I still see it as a question of each individual's abilities and
      intelligence. If a person is good at abstract thinking, good at
      programming, and good at design, he will be no matter what his degree is or
      isn't in, if he even has one. Until my most recent job, I was able to state
      that "no CS degree programmer ever amounted to as good of a programmer as a
      non-CS!" I can't say that anymore because the most talented programmer I
      know comes from the recent job, and he is a CS degree. Of course, I don't
      think he would be less talented if he had majored in something else. They
      key is the talent and the drive.