[XP] Re: Re: How to relieve QA transition to a XP environment?

  • Jean-Marc Heneman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2000
      You are right. There is a confusion between testing and QA.
      I have to admit that I am influenced by the companies I worked for.
      I often have to remind myself that testing and QA are in fact two
      domains of specialization.
      And often some companies have a tendency to include people responsible
      for the process or separate them into Software Development Process
      Engineering Group.
      In this thread, I assume that QA includes the testing as my company
      does.
      We could discuss the fact that these groups make sense in large scale
      software development comparing with XP that is not necessarily for big
      development.

      - Coding Standards responsibility
      * Help developpers to define the coding standard
      * May become a XP developper
      - Reviews responsibility (Code)
      * Help developpers to follow the coding standard
      * May become a XP developper
      - Reviews responsibility (Documentation/Requirements and etc.)
      * No equivalent in XP

      In fact, the "reviews" are "included" by communication and feedback XP
      values.
      ("included" is not the perfect term to use but my english is limited).

      The goal of this thread is really to find a way to transform a small
      development and QA (and testing) group to an XP team. Again, it would
      work only for small size group...

      "trushkin, vladimir" <vladimirtrushki-@...-machine.co
      m> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/extremeprogramming/?start
      =3312
      > It seems you have an incorrect assumption of what the QA service is.
      QA is