[XP] Re: How to relieve QA transition to a XP environment?

  • Jean-Marc Heneman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2000
      Roles from pre-XP to post-XP should be transitioned.
      QA roles are ones of them...

      I found that QA people may be at different level in some organizations
      and some thoughts about the role that can take the person in XP:
      1- Representant of the End-User: trying to break the software by using
      it.
      Usually following step by step "test case";
      May help the Customer to build functional tests.
      May become a XP tester.
      2- Representant of developpement (usually a good to very good knowledge
      of how to code): trying to break the software by writting code call to
      some external API or using the objects:
      May help the developpers to write UnitTests.
      May become a XP developper.
      3- Platform configuration:
      May help the developpers to find out test setup.
      May help the customer to build functional tests.
      May become a XP tester.
      4- The person who write test cases from the user manual or the use
      cases:
      May help the Customer to build functional tests.
      May become a XP tester.
      (See 1.)

      What about you?