[XP] Re: Re: Example tests

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2000
      From: Steve Metsker

      > I think an important idea in xp is that you do start with a boatload of
      > tests, and watch your green bar grow as you complete the code that
      > makes the tests work. Or am I missing something?

      You imply you should write a bunch of test skeletons, and then go back and
      fill each one in. That means the "green progress bar" gets slower as the
      bulk of processing increases, but the number of tests stays the same thru a
      cycle.

      You write the first skeleton because it asks for the feature on your current
      card.

      How, beyond the first skeleton, did you guess what all the other tests would
      be? Peeking ahead in the task card box? BigDesignUpFront?

      --Phlip