Re: [XP] Quality

  • wecaputo@thoughtworks.com
    Message 1 of 54 , Aug 1, 2001
      Robert Sartin:
      >The Customer prioritize the documentation below the development,
      >which meant that we had features that were not documented. The creation
      >of the document became the critical path to release, much to the
      >distress of our part-time tech writer.

      Did these stories have estimates? Were they pushed too low to work them in
      gradually?

      Some features of the system (I am assuming that by documentation you mean
      end user docs) should have stabilized after a couple of iterations, so what
      about starting to mix in documentation stories for stable features as soon
      as the customer feels the features are relatively stable?

      These questions are just out of curiousity, I see nothing wrong with your
      recommendation for doc stories every iteration, as long as the customer is
      comfortable with the maintenance overhead.

      Best,
      Bill
    • Matthew Davis
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 24, 2001
        --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@a...> wrote:
        > > Screw quality.
        >
        > What form of quality were you thinking of?

        Tolerances on thread size and length, I'd guess.

        -M5w