RE: [XP] Quality

  • Ron Jeffries (om)
    Message 1 of 54 , Aug 1, 2001
      Responding to Morris, Chris (09:51 AM 8/1/2001 -0500):
      >Your post seems to ask the question: Is XP lacking in excellent customer
      >service because there's not much of the "joy and luxury of not having to
      >ask?" I'd say it's not, not because of XP itself, but because XP is about
      >solving problems by building/inventing new programs. This process, IMO, is
      >inherently fraught with the work of communication.

      And the developers could certainly ask the customers what they would like
      "just handled", and how much of the developers' time it might take without
      bringing it back up to the customers. "You want documentation? How about if
      we add ten percent to all our estimates .."

      The practices are not the knowing. They are a path to the knowing.
    • Matthew Davis
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 24, 2001
        --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@a...> wrote:
        > > Screw quality.
        >
        > What form of quality were you thinking of?

        Tolerances on thread size and length, I'd guess.

        -M5w