RE: [XP] Quality

  • Tom├ís Palmer
    Message 1 of 54 , Aug 1 9:24 AM
      XP does not mean you do not generate documents. I have used XP successfully
      in a large medical equipment and financial transaction security where
      documentation is paramount.
      The documentation team just creates testable stories like everyone else.
      Code documentation is a story introduced by team leads or management. These
      stories are implemented like all others.
      Pragmatic pair programming can help with team member loss to insure that
      information is held by more than one member of the team. Some team members
      paired themselves so they could learn more about a particular domain in
      exchange for teaching about their domain. Risk do to loss of team members
      was reduced.
      Most of all, the most powerful aspect of XP IMHO is the high communication
      across domains. I usually start by applying XP to sales, marketing and
      upper management to help clarify project goals, qualify features and insure
      development only got "testable" requirements.
      To me, XP is more than just code...

      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 24, 2001
        --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@a...> wrote:
        > > Screw quality.
        >
        > What form of quality were you thinking of?

        Tolerances on thread size and length, I'd guess.

        -M5w