RE: [XP] Quality

  • Ropa, Steve
    Message 1 of 54 , Aug 1, 2001
      I know its heresy to say this, but I also use a tool (NOT Rose!) that
      reverse engineers the code and produces a UML diagram. I don't do this for
      BUFD, just as a way to communicate what we've done. It takes about 5-10
      minutes of my day, and provides benefit in two ways: Folks in other parts
      of our company who are curious about what kind of crazy design XP results in
      can see for themselves, thus reducing their fear of XP, and I have an easy
      way to communicate ideas to a larger audience. Even some of our
      non-programmers who need to know what's going on can sort of glean what we
      are talking about by looking at a nifty class diagram.

      Of course that doesn't replace looking at the tests...

      Steve Ropa

      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 24, 2001
        --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@a...> wrote:
        > > Screw quality.
        >
        > What form of quality were you thinking of?

        Tolerances on thread size and length, I'd guess.

        -M5w