Re: Where to start

  • C. Keith Ray
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2001
      > I've never tried this, but in a similar situation, what I wish I had tried
      > (and what I will try next time it happens) is to put the main stories on
      > cards myself, estimate them, walk into the manager/client office and lay
      > the cards on the table, saying "Look, it won't all fit. What do you want to
      > do about it?"

      That's what I did with my first XP-ish project. Since the each estimate for
      each story was reasonable, the total could not be argued with. Thus I got an
      additional 1.75 people to help me out, and a few stories removed from the
      plan.

      Of course, the 'reasonable' estimates turned out to be very optimistic, but
      we did ship the 1.0 project in a reasonable time-frame.

      ----

      C. Keith Ray
      <http://homepage.mac.com/keithray/resume.html>