NON-DELIVERY of: [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: N...

  • Administrator
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 5, 2001
      Subject:
      [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-
      ---------------------------------

      Delivery Failure Report

      Your [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of:
      document: NON-

      was not Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP
      delivered
      to:

      because: Error delivering to Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP; File
      does not exist

      CORPMTA01/ALLTELCORP, CORPMAIL01/ALLTELCORP,
      ATLHUB01/ATL/ALLTELCORP, ATLMAIL01/ATL/ALLTELCORP,
      ATLMAIL01/ATL/ALLTELCORP, ATLHUB01/ATL/ALLTELCORP,
      CORPMAIL01/ALLTELCORP, CORPMTA01/ALLTELCORP, CORPMTA01/ALLTELCORP

      ________________________

      To: Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP,
      extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com AT INTERNET@CCMAIL
      cc:
      From: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com AT INTERNET@CCMAIL
      Date: 07/05/2001 10:20:00 AM
      Subject: [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-

      NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: [XP] N...
      ---------------------------------

      Delivery Failure Report

      Your NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: [XP]
      document: N...

      To: Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP,
      From: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com AT INTERNET@CCMAIL
      Date: 07/05/2001 10:20:00 AM
      Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: [XP] N...

      NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: N...
      ---------------------------------

      Delivery Failure Report

      Your NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: [XP] NON-DELIVERY of:
      document: N...

      To: Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP,
      From: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com AT INTERNET@CCMAIL
      Date: 07/05/2001 10:20:00 AM
      Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: N...

      NON-DELIVERY of: [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: N...
      ---------------------------------

      Delivery Failure Report

      Your NON-DELIVERY of: [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of:
      document: N...

      To: Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP,

      From: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com AT INTERNET@CCMAIL
      Date: 07/05/2001 10:20:00 AM

      Subject:
      [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: Re:
      ---------------------------------

      Delivery Failure Report

      Your [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of:
      document: Re:

      To: Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP,
      From: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com AT INTERNET@CCMAIL
      Date: 07/05/2001 10:20:00 AM
      Subject: [XP] NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: Re:

      NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: [XP] Refactoring be...
      ---------------------------------

      Delivery Failure Report

      Your NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: [XP] Refactoring
      document: be...

      To: Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP,
      From: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com AT INTERNET@CCMAIL
      Date: 07/05/2001 10:20:00 AM
      Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: [XP] Refactoring be...

      NON-DELIVERY of: Re: [XP] Refactoring between test cases
      ---------------------------------

      Delivery Failure Report

      Your NON-DELIVERY of: Re: [XP] Refactoring between test cases
      document:

      To: Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP,
      From: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com AT INTERNET@CCMAIL
      Date: 07/05/2001 10:20:00 AM
      Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: [XP] Refactoring between test cases

      Delivery Failure Report

      Your Re: [XP] Refactoring between test cases
      document:

      To: Mike Barnes/ATL/ALLTELCORP,
      From: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com AT INTERNET@CCMAIL
      Date: 07/05/2001 10:20:00 AM
      Subject: Re: [XP] Refactoring between test cases

      --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@a...> wrote:
      > Where did the "try to remove" notion come from? It seems to be a
      creative
      > leap, not something that would have come from starting with I, II,
      III ...

      My solution evolved somewhat differently from Roger's. I was
      definitely more agg
      ressive about refactoring.

      When I got to 6, I automatically did it as 5 + 1. I think by the time
      I got to 1
      1, and certainly by the time I got to 16, I was in the mode of pulling
      out the b
      iggest part, and then dealing with whatever was left over, hence the
      tryToRemove
      method.

      By the time I got to 30, I was looping the pulling-out. (Up until that
      point, mu
      ltiple I's were a special case outside the pull-out function.

      Four started as a special case, like in Roger's write up. Nine was
      also a specia
      l case. I never found a way to refactor the special cases out, so they
      stayed in
      until the end.

      I don't think I've ever seen a good arabic-to-roman converter before,
      so this re
      ally was a clean-room experiment in test-first. I didn't have to try
      to forget a
      nything, because I didn't know what the best solution would be. I was
      actually s
      urprised at t
      he way 4 and 9 were handled--it's not the way I would have tried to
      BDUF it.

      Fun stuff. I wish I could roll back the clock and try the tests in
      pure numeric
      order, rather than skipping 4 and 9. I suspect I would have ended up
      at the same
      place, but it might have been more painful.

      I think the biggest "creative leap" is to accept 4 as a special case
      when it fir
      st shows up. You intuitively don't want to (at least I didn't), but it
      is TSTTCP
      W.

      Kevin

      com

      Don't miss XP UNIVERSE, the first US conference on XP and Agile
      Methods. see ww
      w.xpuniverse.com for details and registration.

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/