RE: [XP] GOF Design Patterns, Simple Design and Refactoring

  • Robert C. Martin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2001

      No, but knowledge of patterns can help make your code more expressive. I
      find that as I code and refactor the code will eventually begin to look like
      one pattern or another. That's why they are called patterns after all.
      When this happens, I change the names appropriately so that others can
      recognize what I have done.

      Robert C. Martin | "Uncle Bob" | Software Consultants
      Object Mentor Inc. | rmartin@... | We'll help you get
      PO Box 5757 | Tel: (800) 338-6716 | your projects done.
      565 Lakeview Pkwy | Fax: (847) 573-1658 | www.objectmentor.com
      Suite 135 | | www.XProgramming.com
      Vernon Hills, IL, | Training and Mentoring | www.junit.org
      60061 | OO, XP, Java, C++, Python|