RE: [XP] Units of time for estimates

  • Torben Wölm
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 2, 2001
      <sudden flash of enlightenment/>

      I think I've identified a flaw in the way the masterplan works...

      They do not consider change in velocity at all!

      The masterplan assumes 30 hours per week. If we are 20 hours behind
      schedule, the release date is moved 20 hours. The schedule is never
      recalculated!

      That must be why adjusting the velocity and in turn the schedule every 2
      weeks makes my manager uneasy!

      I will confront her with this ASAP and post the result!

      Best regards,
      Torben
    • Nicky Petrila
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 23, 2001
        bill..just wanted to thank you...i was able to take a
        look at their website..looks very interesting..i'll
        have to drop them a line to find out when they will be
        meeting..thanks once again..nicky

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/