Re: [XP] XP and the Spiral Methodology

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2001
      Proclaimed robinsaj@... from the mountaintops:

      > I have been trying to encourage the managers and project managers in
      > my office to consider XP for our projects. A few of the managers have
      > answered me by saying, "XP seems intriguing, but I think we might
      > want to use a Spiral Methodology instead". Forgive my ignorance as
      > someone new to Extreme Programming, but it seems to me that XP is
      > actually a type of Spiral Methodology. If not, what are the major
      > differences between the two? What are some good references for the
      > Spiral Methodology?

      A spiral is a series of small complete WaterFall mini-projects. Big design
      sessions, isolated coding sessions, IntegrationHell, BigBangTesting.

      Engineering sets the scope of each spiral loop. (Translation: The
      OffsiteCustomer does not set business priority.) The duration of each loop's
      then used to estimate the duration of the next.

      Read /Rapid Development/ to learn all about it.

      --
      Phlip phlip_cpp@...
      ============ http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PhlIp ============