PairDraw: a pair programming simulation

  • Joshua Kerievsky
    Message 1 of 52 , Jun 21, 2001
      If you ever find yourself explaining or teaching people what pair
      programming is, or if you encounter resistance to pair programming (that
      doesn't happen, does it? ;-), you may find the following simulation useful:

      PairDraw:
      http://industriallogic.com/games/pairdraw.html

      I'd also suggest visiting the above link if you don't explain or teach pair
      programming but just want to have a look at some of the goofy faces
      produced by people who've been through this simulation.

      regards,
      joshua

      I n d u s t r i a l L o g i c , I n c . {
      Joshua Kerievsky - Founder
      XP & Patterns - Coaching & Training
      visit us online - http://industriallogic.com
      call us in the USA - 510-540-8336

      eXtreme Programming Workshop -
      San Francisco (July 16-20), NYC (Sept 10-14)
      Design Patterns Workshop -
      NYC (June 25-28), San Francisco (Oct 2-5)
      }
    • Dinwiddie, George
      Message 52 of 52 , Jul 2, 2001
        > I'll taylor this debrief to the audience (people on this list who,
        presumably,
        > have experience doing PP and XP in the real world).

        Well, I don't have experience doing PP and XP in the real world, but I'd
        like to.

        > Opening Question: What evolved during the simulation that you didn't
        expect?

        The inclusion of a photo was a surprise to me; I hadn't thought of it.

        > How did you feel about it?

        I thought it was pretty cool. And it really speeded things up. The drawing
        process was going very slowly.

        > What did you do about it?

        Added my own graffiti.