Missing Data

  • Steve Akers
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2001
      I am interested in writing a paper about XP but was curious if
      anyone had a suggestion on the topic. Specifically, has anyone
      encountered problems convincing their organizations about XP
      and were asked to provide more data to backup their claims? If
      so, what kind of data did you wish you had? All stories are
      welcome and appreciated!

      Steve Akers
    • Paul Hodgetts
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2001
        Peter Spitz wrote:

        > The question I encountered most often was "Who else is doing this
        > successfully?".
        >
        > Since XP is really at the front of the technology adoption curve
        > (Visionaries, Early Adopters), there don't seem to be many examples of
        > really well-known companies doing XP. If this is not the case, I apologize
        > for not having done my homework properly.

        The Daimler-Chrysler folks did a presentation at JavaOne about
        their successes using XP for a production cost estimation system
        that they developed with J2EE. That's a big, well-known company.

        I know that the ATL division of Quantum has used XP with success.
        Quantum is pretty well-known.

        We've had lots of success at Escrow.com, but we're just a little
        dot-com, although we're a spin off of the largest title and
        escrow company in the world, Fidelity National Financial.

        All of the above use XP pretty much by the book. I've heard of
        others using various partial sets of practices (Brokat was
        another at JavaOne).

        I'll bet there are more well-known companies, or divisions or
        subsidiaries of them, if we dig a bit, but they are not easy
        to find, I agree.

        -Paul Hodgetts