Re: XPers at JavaOne?

  • jbrewer@jera.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 1, 2001
      --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Paul Hodgetts <prh@z...> wrote:
      > Monday at 12:45 by the merry-go-round works for us. Anyone
      > else?

      That would only give us 45 minutes before the afternoon (technical)
      keynote.

      I'd like to suggest we try Wednesday at noon. I've already checked
      with Phil, and this works for him.

      John Brewer
      Jera Design
    • Paul Hodgetts
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 2, 2001
        John Brewer wrote:

        > --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Paul Hodgetts <prh@z...> wrote:
        > > Monday at 12:45 by the merry-go-round works for us. Anyone
        > > else?
        >
        > That would only give us 45 minutes before the afternoon (technical)
        > keynote.
        >
        > I'd like to suggest we try Wednesday at noon. I've already checked
        > with Phil, and this works for him.

        Sure, Wednesday at noon sounds fine. There aren't any must-see tech
        sessions during the 12:15-1:15 slot, at least for us.

        I assume we're still rendezvousing by the merry-go-round, then?

        If there are any other XPers at JavaOne who want hook up with us, now
        you know when and where to be.

        Regards,
        -Paul
      • John Brewer
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 20, 2002
          Any other XPers going to JavaOne this year? Want to get together again for
          lunch? Right now, Monday from 11:30am to 1:30pm (between the morning and
          afternoon keynotes) looks like the best time to get together.

          John Brewer
          Jera Design

          Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
        • tjwise1954
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 21, 2002
            I'm up for it. I mostly lurk on this group, but do pipe in
            periodically. We started doing XP in 1999 at another company, and
            several of that team are now here at Dominos Pizza LLC (Ann Arbor,
            MI) building a new team and training the existing staff. I would
            like to meet and swap stories for a bit. When, where, how do we find
            each other? (funny hats? gang colors? pheromones?)

            If something seems funny, measure the amount of funny.

            Tim Wise (wiset@...)
            Domino's Pizza LLC
            IS Technical Manager
            734-930-3829

            --- In extremeprogramming@y..., John Brewer <jbrewer@j...> wrote:
            > Any other XPers going to JavaOne this year? Want to get together
            again for
            > lunch? Right now, Monday from 11:30am to 1:30pm (between the
            morning and
            > afternoon keynotes) looks like the best time to get together.
            >
            > John Brewer
            > Jera Design
            >
            > Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
          • robertthornton
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 21, 2002
              I'm up for it as well. Monday between the keynotes sounds great,
              where shall we meet?

              Rob Thornton
              Demand Management, Inc.

              --- In extremeprogramming@y..., "tjwise1954" <tjwise@m...> wrote:
              > I'm up for it. I mostly lurk on this group, but do pipe in
              > periodically. We started doing XP in 1999 at another company, and
              > several of that team are now here at Dominos Pizza LLC (Ann Arbor,
              > MI) building a new team and training the existing staff. I would
              > like to meet and swap stories for a bit. When, where, how do we
              find
              > each other? (funny hats? gang colors? pheromones?)

              > If something seems funny, measure the amount of funny.
              >
              > Tim Wise (wiset@d...)
              > Domino's Pizza LLC
              > IS Technical Manager
              > 734-930-3829
              >
              > --- In extremeprogramming@y..., John Brewer <jbrewer@j...> wrote:
              > > Any other XPers going to JavaOne this year? Want to get together
              > again for
              > > lunch? Right now, Monday from 11:30am to 1:30pm (between the
              > morning and
              > > afternoon keynotes) looks like the best time to get together.
              > >
              > > John Brewer
              > > Jera Design
              > >
              > > Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
            • Dinwiddie, George
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 22, 2002
                I'll be there, too. Here's a photo of me so you'll recognize me.
                http://www.min.net/~gdinwiddie/Pics/WTTF/Alfred.jpg

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              • Phlip
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 22, 2002
                  Dinwiddie, George sez:
                  > I'll be there, too. Here's a photo of me so you'll recognize me.
                  > http://www.min.net/~gdinwiddie/Pics/WTTF/Alfred.jpg

                  I just woke up from a dream where they had just let a chubby 4-year old kid
                  who looked just like that out of juvvie hall.

                  --
                  Phlip
                  http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?PhlIp
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 22, 2002
                    Let's meet at Noon on Monday by the carousel next to Moscone South:

                    | ||Marriot| | |
                    | |+-------+ | |
                    -+ +------------------------+ +------
                    Mission Street
                    -+ +------------------------+ +------
                    | |+----+ +---------+ | |
                    | || M | | Yerba | | |
                    |F|| e | | Buena | | |+----+
                    |o|| t | | Gardens | +---+|T|| SF |
                    |u|| r | +---------+ |Alu||h||MOMA|
                    |r|| e | +---------+ +---+|i|+----+
                    |t|| o |B|Moscone N| |r|
                    |h|+-n--+r+---------+ |d|
                    -+ +-----+i+----------------+ +------
                    S |d| Howard Street S
                    -+t+-----+g+----------------+t+------
                    |e| |XP| | Moscone | E ||e|
                    |e| \--/ | South | s ||e|

                    "XP" marks the spot. Here's a photo of the carousel, so you know
                    what to look for:

                    http://sunset.ci.sf.ca.us/film12.nsf/pv/sf10099?OpenDocument