RE: [XP] New projekt approach

  • Gareth Reeves
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      > The customer has bought this development based on a requirement
      > specification (as always) and is used to the BDUF type projects (is he
      > in for a surprise or what?).

      Hi Fredrik

      Is this fixed scope and fixed price contract?

      > As a first approach I'm thinking of turning each requirement (more or
      > less) into a story. Is this a good approach?

      How much do you anticipate the customer being involved? Do you respect a
      common response to be - 'I have given you the requirements, why do we need
      to rewrite them?' or 'I dont care about the priorities, it all needs to get
      done before 11/1/01'

      You are better off sitting down with the customer and turning the spec into
      stories. Then have her prioritize them. However, I think this will be hard.
      Its a great experiment, let us know how it goes.

      May the force be with you.

      Gareth