Re: XPers at JavaOne?

  • Paul Hodgetts
    Message 1 of 20 , May 31, 2001

      Phil Goodwin wrote:

      > I'm in a booth from 10:30 to 12:30 on Monday can we meet at 12:45?

      (Sorry, I didn't see these before my last post on this topic.)

      Monday at 12:45 by the merry-go-round works for us. Anyone
      else?

      -Paul
    • jbrewer@jera.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2001
        --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Paul Hodgetts <prh@z...> wrote:
        > Monday at 12:45 by the merry-go-round works for us. Anyone
        > else?

        That would only give us 45 minutes before the afternoon (technical)
        keynote.

        I'd like to suggest we try Wednesday at noon. I've already checked
        with Phil, and this works for him.

        John Brewer
        Jera Design
      • Paul Hodgetts
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 2, 2001
          John Brewer wrote:

          > --- In extremeprogramming@y..., Paul Hodgetts <prh@z...> wrote:
          > > Monday at 12:45 by the merry-go-round works for us. Anyone
          > > else?
          >
          > That would only give us 45 minutes before the afternoon (technical)
          > keynote.
          >
          > I'd like to suggest we try Wednesday at noon. I've already checked
          > with Phil, and this works for him.

          Sure, Wednesday at noon sounds fine. There aren't any must-see tech
          sessions during the 12:15-1:15 slot, at least for us.

          I assume we're still rendezvousing by the merry-go-round, then?

          If there are any other XPers at JavaOne who want hook up with us, now
          you know when and where to be.

          Regards,
          -Paul
        • John Brewer
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 20, 2002
            Any other XPers going to JavaOne this year? Want to get together again for
            lunch? Right now, Monday from 11:30am to 1:30pm (between the morning and
            afternoon keynotes) looks like the best time to get together.

            John Brewer
            Jera Design

            Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
          • tjwise1954
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 21, 2002
              I'm up for it. I mostly lurk on this group, but do pipe in
              periodically. We started doing XP in 1999 at another company, and
              several of that team are now here at Dominos Pizza LLC (Ann Arbor,
              MI) building a new team and training the existing staff. I would
              like to meet and swap stories for a bit. When, where, how do we find
              each other? (funny hats? gang colors? pheromones?)

              If something seems funny, measure the amount of funny.

              Tim Wise (wiset@...)
              Domino's Pizza LLC
              IS Technical Manager
              734-930-3829

              --- In extremeprogramming@y..., John Brewer <jbrewer@j...> wrote:
              > Any other XPers going to JavaOne this year? Want to get together
              again for
              > lunch? Right now, Monday from 11:30am to 1:30pm (between the
              morning and
              > afternoon keynotes) looks like the best time to get together.
              >
              > John Brewer
              > Jera Design
              >
              > Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
            • robertthornton
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 21, 2002
                I'm up for it as well. Monday between the keynotes sounds great,
                where shall we meet?

                Rob Thornton
                Demand Management, Inc.

                --- In extremeprogramming@y..., "tjwise1954" <tjwise@m...> wrote:
                > I'm up for it. I mostly lurk on this group, but do pipe in
                > periodically. We started doing XP in 1999 at another company, and
                > several of that team are now here at Dominos Pizza LLC (Ann Arbor,
                > MI) building a new team and training the existing staff. I would
                > like to meet and swap stories for a bit. When, where, how do we
                find
                > each other? (funny hats? gang colors? pheromones?)

                > If something seems funny, measure the amount of funny.
                >
                > Tim Wise (wiset@d...)
                > Domino's Pizza LLC
                > IS Technical Manager
                > 734-930-3829
                >
                > --- In extremeprogramming@y..., John Brewer <jbrewer@j...> wrote:
                > > Any other XPers going to JavaOne this year? Want to get together
                > again for
                > > lunch? Right now, Monday from 11:30am to 1:30pm (between the
                > morning and
                > > afternoon keynotes) looks like the best time to get together.
                > >
                > > John Brewer
                > > Jera Design
                > >
                > > Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
              • Dinwiddie, George
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 22, 2002
                  I'll be there, too. Here's a photo of me so you'll recognize me.
                  http://www.min.net/~gdinwiddie/Pics/WTTF/Alfred.jpg

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • Phlip
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 22, 2002
                    Dinwiddie, George sez:
                    > I'll be there, too. Here's a photo of me so you'll recognize me.
                    > http://www.min.net/~gdinwiddie/Pics/WTTF/Alfred.jpg

                    I just woke up from a dream where they had just let a chubby 4-year old kid
                    who looked just like that out of juvvie hall.

                    --
                    Phlip
                    http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?PhlIp
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 22, 2002
                      Let's meet at Noon on Monday by the carousel next to Moscone South:

                      | ||Marriot| | |
                      | |+-------+ | |
                      -+ +------------------------+ +------
                      Mission Street
                      -+ +------------------------+ +------
                      | |+----+ +---------+ | |
                      | || M | | Yerba | | |
                      |F|| e | | Buena | | |+----+
                      |o|| t | | Gardens | +---+|T|| SF |
                      |u|| r | +---------+ |Alu||h||MOMA|
                      |r|| e | +---------+ +---+|i|+----+
                      |t|| o |B|Moscone N| |r|
                      |h|+-n--+r+---------+ |d|
                      -+ +-----+i+----------------+ +------
                      S |d| Howard Street S
                      -+t+-----+g+----------------+t+------
                      |e| |XP| | Moscone | E ||e|
                      |e| \--/ | South | s ||e|

                      "XP" marks the spot. Here's a photo of the carousel, so you know
                      what to look for:

                      http://sunset.ci.sf.ca.us/film12.nsf/pv/sf10099?OpenDocument