[XP] Re: FW: Position of Power

  • Thomas Matelich
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2000

      I can't answer all of these questions yet, but I'll try on a few. I
      think the one that is the hardest to deal with is CodeTestsFirst. It
      took me a long time to buy it, and I'm still not 100% on it. My
      impression is that it will take as we start going. Second hurdle will
      be the Simplest thing/RefactorMercilessly pair. I think these are
      things that almost everyone has trouble with though, especially
      observing the amount of postings on this list. Another problem may be
      the fact that we are in offices, we'll see.

      We have a nice advantage in that we have a "Field Service" department
      which uses our software for our customers. So we have a strong pool to
      access for "Customer" input. I think our Manager and our Software
      Support Supervisor will share the role of Customer. Our programming
      supervisor will be the coach.

      I have to say there is no part that we can't do, but whether we do...

      We are located in Issaquah, WA outside Seattle. And we'll probably have
      6 - 10 job openings within the next 6 months, there is one currently
      open (http://www.zetec.com/employment/jobs.htm).

      --
      Thomas O Matelich
      Senior Software Designer
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2000
        > We are located in Issaquah, WA outside Seattle. And we'll probably have
        > 6 - 10 job openings within the next 6 months, there is one currently
        > open (http://www.zetec.com/employment/jobs.htm).

        You may want to consider these adds - they seem quite XP unfriendly!
      • Jim McFarland
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2000
          "tim mackinnon" wrote:
          > > We are located in Issaquah, WA outside Seattle. And we'll probably
          have
          > > 6 - 10 job openings within the next 6 months, there is one currently
          > > open (http://www.zetec.com/employment/jobs.htm).
          >
          > You may want to consider these adds - they seem quite XP unfriendly!

          "XP unfriendly"? What do you mean? He mentioned openings on his team
          at the end of a regular message. What is your objection?