[XP] Re: Model View Contrl and XP?

  • Kevin Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2001
      azami@... wrote:
      >Some would say YAGNI dictates that you do it all in JSP first, then
      >refactor it as you need it. I would say that YAGNI is not license to
      >do something you know sucks. In your particular case, I think
      >applying DTETYKHTDRN could actually imply MVC architecture - after
      >all, you do need to start by writing unit tests, and it's a lot easier
      >to unit test these responsibilities separately.

      And that little note about testing is REALLY
      important. Splitting the UI from the logic almost
      always improves testability dramatically. And,
      since you're coding everything test-first,
      testability is a big factor towards "simplest" in
      DTSTTCPW.

      Test-first generally moves me toward a [simply]
      layered system like MVC, whether I thought I
      should go there or not.

      Kevin