RE: [XP] Code Normalization (was RE: Factoring)

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2001
      Responding to Mark W Windholtz (12:42 PM 4/29/2001 -0400):
      > Restated, is talking about "code-normalization"
      > to people unfamiliar with XP ideas,
      > a good strategy to start with
      > or does it just confuse the terminology more?

      I think it's a good analogy to RDB normal form. I do suggest one should use
      the term "refactoring" as part of the discussion, since the literature runs
      that way. But drawing the analogy that just as putting the DB into normal
      form keeps it maximally flexible, putting the code into "normal form"

      And remember also: http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ExtremeNormalForm

      You don't need to see my identification.
      These aren't the ideas you're looking for. Move along.