Match Game 2001

  • John Brewer
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 28, 2001
      Finish this sentence:

      "XP is an agile ____________."

      John Brewer
      Jera Design
    • Dan Palanza
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 29, 2001
        At 10:55 PM 4/28/01 -0700, John Brewer wrote:

        >Finish this sentence:
        >
        >"XP is an agile ____________."

        XP is an agile contributor.

        Dan
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 29, 2001
          Responding to John Brewer (10:55 PM 4/28/2001 -0700):
          >Finish this sentence:
          >
          >"XP is an agile ____________."

          ... approach to building software.
          ... [software] [development] methodology.
          ... [software] [development] method.
          ... [software] [development] process.

          Why do you ask? Do I win anything? ;->

          Ronald E Jeffries
          http://www.XProgramming.com
          http://www.objectmentor.com
        • Peter van Rooijen
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 29, 2001
            > Finish this sentence:
            >
            > "XP is an agile ____________."

            XP is an active software project management technique practiced by
            programmers.

            Regards,

            Peter van Rooijen
          • Phlip
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 29, 2001
              Proclaimed John Brewer from the mountaintops:
              > Finish this sentence:
              >
              > "XP is an agile ____________."

              ...formal software development methodology.

              Emphasize "formal".

              It's a lot more formal than the methodologies that claim to be.

              --
              Phlip phlip_cpp@...
              ============== http://phlip.webjump.com ==============
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 29, 2001
                "XP is an agile ____________."

                software development method that is highly flexible, highly disiplined, customer focused, and occasionally discussed on this group. 8^)

                Gary Brown

                  > Responding to John Brewer (10:55 PM 4/28/2001 -0700):
                  > >Finish this sentence:
                  > >
                  > >"XP is an agile ____________."
                  >
                  > ... approach to building software.
                  > ... [software] [development] methodology.
                  > ... [software] [development] method.
                  > ... [software] [development] process.
                  >
                  > Why do you ask? Do I win anything? ;->

                  I was writing a blurb on XP and realized that I wasn't sure what to
                  put after "agile". Is there a canonical noun? Would the agile
                  alliance say they deal with agile approaches, methodologies, methods
                  or processes? Or did they leave the noun out because it wasn't one of
                  the things they could form consensus on?

                  Thanks for the suggestions,

                  John Brewer
                  Jera Design

                  XP FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
                • Phlip
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 29, 2001
                    Proclaimed Keith Nicholas from the mountaintops:

                    > > "XP is an agile _Microsoft operating system!."

                    AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!

                    My brain is gnawing its way out of my head!

                    --
                    Phlip phlip_cpp@...
                    ============== http://phlip.webjump.com ==============
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 29, 2001

                    • Phil Goodwin
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 29, 2001
                        At 10:43 AM 4/30/01 +1200, Keith Nicholas wrote:
                        > > Finish this sentence:
                        > >
                        > > "XP is an agile _Microsoft operating system!."

                        I think that the sentence was supposed to make sense -- not be
                        self-contradictory.
                      • Eric Hodges
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 30, 2001
                          XP is a nubile process.
                        • Keith Nicholas
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 1, 2001
                            XP is the bruce lee in a combat arena filled with sumo wrestlers

                            XP is Jackie Chan (agile, quick, light)