Re: [XP] Initiating eXtreme Programming

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2001
      Proclaimed kumar_hkr@... from the mountaintops:
      > Can any one educate me on the process of initiating both XP and pair
      > programming. I am in the process of initiating Pair programming
      > first. Could any one tell me what needs to be done or is it
      > sufficient to get top management approval, which has been obtained,
      > and just intimate all employees or are their any other steps involved.

      Per eXtreme Programming eXplained, you should

      - identify your worst problem
      - solve it the XP way
      - when its no longer your worst problem, repeat

      For most shops the worst problem is lack of Unit Tests.

      If your worst problem is managers micromanage the engineers, then the fix is
      the Developer Bill of Rights and the Customer Bill of Rights.

      --
      Phlip phlip_cpp@...
      ============== http://phlip.webjump.com ==============