Factoring

  • Phil Goodwin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2001
      I find that I've been using this word recently to refer to the kind of coding that test-first design encourages: adding functionality in small stable increments. It's similar to refactoring because it makes provably correct changes to the codebase. But it's different because it does actually change the functionality of the code.

      Is this the right term?
      Phil Goodwin, Java Software, Sun Microsystems, 408-517-6951, or x66951

      "If everything you try works, you aren't trying hard enough." -- Gordon Moore