Selling XP

  • Gareth Reeves
    Message 1 of 93 , Apr 17, 2001
      I need help with a problem selling XP. I get lots of resistance to XP from
      people who don't understand how you could sell a project to a client where
      you cannot define exactly what it is that the client is buying and for how
      much. To be fair, this is the business world that we live in.

      I dream of a world that isn't like this, but until we get there, does anyone
      have any creative suggestions on getting around this fundamental problem?

      Gareth
    • Alan R Tway
      Message 93 of 93 , Jun 19, 2003
        Jon,

        > > The XP spokesmodels could go on and on about Pair Programming
        > > and how it can cure the common cold (FDA approval pending), but
        > > my advice would be to try it for a Release or even a couple of
        > > Iterations. Do a post-mortem, determine if it has really
        > > slowed you down, compared with your defect rates.
        >
        > In fact, we're finding the opposite. It's a great way to
        > spread a cold around the office. It's winter here in Australia,
        > and we've nearly wiped out a team that has been pairing full on ;-)
        >
        > We need to add to the XP practices.
        >
        > . Eat fruit and stay healthy

        That's why we always kept a basket of pears in the lab.

        Alan Tway
        atway@...
        (work) 937-320-6643

        for such purpose.