Re: Pair programming sucks. was Re: [XP] Pair programming vs. Mentoring in a pair

  • Stacie Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001
      > Which brings me to the MAIN reason I think pair programming is
      > important. And that is PEER REVIEW. I honestly want to know here,
      > does ANYONE know of ANY cases when Peer Review of code *outside* of
      > pair programming *actually* works?
      I've found reviewing other people's code to be frustrating because I
      find myself thinking, "Jeez, If I'd only been there when they were
      writing this...." The dynamics of telling someone what they need to
      change and why are very different after the code is written. The
      resistance to changing code that "already works" is high ( maybe it
      works, maybe it doesn't) and I think that people feel much more
      defensive about their code after the fact.

      Stacie