XP2001: Experience Exchange

  • Joshua Kerievsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001
      Folks,

      If you have experience doing XP and would like to share your experience
      with others and learn from others, you may be interested in attending the
      XP2001 Experience Exchange. Below is a brief write-up about the workshop,
      which is being organized by Frank Westphal, Jutta Eckstein and myself (you
      can learn more here:
      http://www.frankwestphal.de/xp2001/ExperienceExchange.html)

      Position papers must be submitted to Frank Westphal
      <mailto:westphal@...> via email no later than April 23, 2001

      *** Experience Exchange Abstract ***
      Transforming yourself, your team or your organization to using a
      lightweight development methodology like Extreme Programming isn't easy.
      While some practices may simply fall into place, others can be difficult to
      implement due to technical, political, organizational, or personal obstacles.

      Some XP practitioners have triumphed over these challenges, some are in the
      process of overcoming them, and others have failed on some levels and
      succeeded on others.

      This workshop is a place where we can safely share our experiences of both
      success and failure in order to learn and grow. We will practice what we
      learn by playing eXPlanations
      (http://industriallogic.com/games/explanations.html), a game that
      challenges players to grapple with real-world XP problems, solutions and
      values. Participants are encouraged to present any of their XP artifacts in
      front of the group.

      regards
      jk