Re: [ajug-victoria] Pair programming sucks. was Re: [XP] Pair programming vs. Mentoring in a pair

  • jasims@ThoughtWorks.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2001
      Jiva DeVoe <jiva@...>
      04/02/01 03:48 PM

      To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      cc: ajug-victoria@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ajug-victoria] Pair programming sucks. was Re: [XP] Pair programming vs.
      Mentoring in a pair

      >>Pair programming sucks.

      >>However, it sucks less than programming alone. :)

      Agreed, for all the reasons you list....

      >>I'd also be interested in hearing of anyone's ideas on how to solve
      >>the "odd number of coders" problem I have. (Aside from hiring another
      >>coder. ;D)

      Do you guys dedicate pairs for a whole card? We swap around quite often -
      often several times a day. We tend to pair for shorter periods, so an odd
      number is not such a big deal - there's always someone out, off to a
      meeting, coming in late, off talking to the customer, or elsewise
      unavailable to pair.