can anyone help?

  • Cecily Barnes
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 29 10:37 AM
      Hi,

      My name is Cecily Barnes and I am a reporter with CNET News.com. I am
      working on an article about Extreme Programming and would like to speak with
      programmers who are using this method.

      I want to know how you feel about pair programming, communal code and other
      aspects of XP.

      If you fit the bill, please call, e-mail, or instant message me today.

      Thanks, cecily

      Cecily Barnes
      CNET News.com
      www.news.com
      (415) 364-8094
      cecilyb@...
      AIM: cecilyba
      Yahoo IM: cecilybarnes2000
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 29 10:56 AM
        Please do this. I talked to Cecily at some length a few days ago. Now she
        needs the truth ...

        Responding to Cecily Barnes (10:37 AM 3/29/2001 -0800):
        >Hi,
        >
        >My name is Cecily Barnes and I am a reporter with CNET News.com. I am
        >working on an article about Extreme Programming and would like to speak with
        >programmers who are using this method.
        >
        >I want to know how you feel about pair programming, communal code and other
        >aspects of XP.
        >
        >If you fit the bill, please call, e-mail, or instant message me today.
        >
        >Thanks, cecily
        >
        >Cecily Barnes
        >CNET News.com
        >www.news.com
        >(415) 364-8094
        >cecilyb@...
        >AIM: cecilyba
        >Yahoo IM: cecilybarnes2000

        >Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

        Ronald E Jeffries
        http://www.XProgramming.com
        http://www.objectmentor.com
        No one expects the Spanish Inquisition ...
      • Stefan Schmiedl
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 29 12:34 PM
          Hi Cecily,

          I applaud your move of asking this list before writing the article.

          We have had several articles in various publications in Germany by
          authors *nobody* on the xp-related mailing lists had ever heard of.

          Referring to Ron's remark: Whatever he told is the truth in the
          most extreme sense of the word: 110 %.

          Nobody but the Saints of XP really program this way, I guess :-)

          Bye,
          Stefan

          +---------+-------------------------
          +---------+-------------------------

          R> Please do this. I talked to Cecily at some length a few days ago. Now she
          R> needs the truth ...

          R> Responding to Cecily Barnes (10:37 AM 3/29/2001 -0800):
          >>Hi,
          >>
          >>My name is Cecily Barnes and I am a reporter with CNET News.com. I am
          >>working on an article about Extreme Programming and would like to speak with
          >>programmers who are using this method.
          >>
          >>I want to know how you feel about pair programming, communal code and other
          >>aspects of XP.
          >>
          >>If you fit the bill, please call, e-mail, or instant message me today.
          >>
          >>Thanks, cecily
          >>
          >>Cecily Barnes
          >>CNET News.com
          >>www.news.com
          >>(415) 364-8094
          >>cecilyb@...
          >>AIM: cecilyba
          >>Yahoo IM: cecilybarnes2000

          >>To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
          >>
          >>Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

          R> Ronald E Jeffries
          R> http://www.XProgramming.com
          R> http://www.objectmentor.com
          R> No one expects the Spanish Inquisition ...

          R> Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

          Wer will, vermag. Wer wagt, gewinnt.
        • Arun Kaushik
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 30 4:00 AM
            Cecily,

            I always like talking to reporters !
            Perhaps my contribution worth place in your article.
            My phone number is 9845200058.
            I'm in India at Banglore city.

            Arun Kaushik
            Powershare.net

            --- Cecily Barnes <cecilyb@...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > My name is Cecily Barnes and I am a reporter with
            > CNET News.com. I am
            > working on an article about Extreme Programming and
            > would like to speak with
            > programmers who are using this method.
            >
            > I want to know how you feel about pair programming,
            > communal code and other
            > aspects of XP.
            >
            > If you fit the bill, please call, e-mail, or instant
            > message me today.
            >
            > Thanks, cecily
            >
            > Cecily Barnes
            > CNET News.com
            > www.news.com
            > (415) 364-8094
            > cecilyb@...
            > AIM: cecilyba
            > Yahoo IM: cecilybarnes2000

            > extremeprogramming@...

            > Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
            >
            > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Phlip
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 30 3:48 PM
              Proclaimed Cecily Barnes from the mountaintops:

              > If you fit the bill, please call, e-mail, or instant message me today.

              People who dislike XP and also think they know everything very often pick
              on one (or all) of the practices to decry, based entirely on our faltering
              attempts to describe them in action. (And some reporters think all they
              need to do is interview a few coders or managers. See Information Week,
              March 19, for an example of this.)

              Both sets of people should do one simple thing. Sit in on an XP team in
              action, preferrably thru the days when they close an iteration and open
              the next one.

              No text description can substitute for the real thing.

              --
              Phlip phlip_cpp@...
              ============== http://phlip.webjump.com ==============
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 30 7:26 PM
                >Proclaimed Cecily Barnes from the mountaintops:
                >
                > > If you fit the bill, please call, e-mail, or instant message me today.

                Did anyone actually CALL, EMAIL, or IM her?? Or just post things here amid
                the usually thousand daily messages? We don't want her stuck with just my
                rantings!

                Ronald E Jeffries
                http://www.XProgramming.com
                http://www.objectmentor.com
              • Kenneth Tyler
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 30 8:11 PM
                  She told me she got so many replies she couldn't use any more.

                  Kenneth Tyler, Berkeley
                  >>Proclaimed Cecily Barnes from the mountaintops:
                  >>
                  >> > If you fit the bill, please call, e-mail, or instant message me today.
                  >
                  >Did anyone actually CALL, EMAIL, or IM her?? Or just post things here amid
                  >the usually thousand daily messages? We don't want her stuck with just my
                  >rantings!
                  >
                  >Ronald E Jeffries
                  >http://www.XProgramming.com
                  >http://www.objectmentor.com

                  >Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

                • David Corbin
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 31 5:37 AM
                    Ron Jeffries wrote:

                    > >Proclaimed Cecily Barnes from the mountaintops:
                    > >
                    > > > If you fit the bill, please call, e-mail, or instant message me today.
                    >
                    > Did anyone actually CALL, EMAIL, or IM her?? Or just post things here amid
                    > the usually thousand daily messages? We don't want her stuck with just my
                    > rantings!
                    >
                    > Ronald E Jeffries
                    > http://www.XProgramming.com
                    > http://www.objectmentor.com

                    > Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com

                    At least one of the messages here was CCed to here...
                    --
                    David Corbin
                    dcorbin@...
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 31 12:50 PM
                      > From: Ron Jeffries [mailto:ronjeffries@...]
                      >
                      > >Proclaimed Cecily Barnes from the mountaintops:
                      > >
                      > > > If you fit the bill, please call, e-mail, or instant
                      > message me today.
                      >
                      > Did anyone actually CALL, EMAIL, or IM her?? Or just post
                      > things here amid
                      > the usually thousand daily messages? We don't want her stuck
                      > with just my
                      > rantings!

                      I did - never heard back from her, though...

                      Bye,
                      Robert
                    • Kurt Hoyt
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 1, 2001
                        I emailed, but never heard anything back.

                        Kurt in Atlanta

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 1, 2001
                          Lots of folks contacted Cecily and she talked to some. I don't know whether
                          she got everything she wanted. Doubtless she is grateful. ;->

                          Ronald E Jeffries
                          http://www.XProgramming.com
                          http://www.objectmentor.com