RE: PCR (was: XP for Large Projects)

  • Tim Burns
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
      I guess though it begs the point, what is insight? Its not a result of
      planning, but of process. I am sure the context of the work (over the week,
      not at the day) was mostly simple with difficult problems interspersed.
      That is the mindset of benchwork, or any thing that must be done
      incrementally. That is what I meant as a "by-product": we do things small
      and they add up to insights that come to us as a course of normal events.
      We are working on things, we see things, and it is the cumulative simple,
      small tasks that give us the insights into the big things. Two ideas come
      out of this, it is good to keep doing small pieces of work and understanding
      as you go. Second, good software developers go home and do other things,
      and bad software developers work 12 hours a day, making themselves
      miserable, and making the code more miserable. :)

      Tim