[refactoring] More on: Introduce Parameter Object

  • Barbini Uberto
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 3:00 AM
      I need more detail on Introduce Parameter Object Refactor ;))
      This is one of not-trivial refactoring more useful to me.

      Anyway I disagree about a rule:
      why pass all data field in constructor and declare them final?

      My parameter objects tends to develop some behavior and an autonomous live,
      so now I just start with default value in constructor and accessor for every
      data changeable.
      Moreover creating and destoing an object all the times produces a
      considerable overload if I have to call these methods many times for second.
      It's not a problem of performance but of memory fragmentation.

      Probably I'm wrong so I have to understand why.

      Any comment is welcome.

      Thanks

      Bye Uberto