[SAN DIEGO] Seminar: "Extreme Programming" (Wed, March 7, noon)

  • Bill Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2001
      This just arrived in my mailbox - thought I'd pass it along!

      -Bill

      CSE graduate enrichment seminar

      Extreme Programming:
      Software Engineering Applied to Empirical CS Research

      by Walfredo Cirne (CSE)

      brought to you in part by
      Graduate Student Association at UCSD

      AP&M room 4882
      Wednesday 3/7/01 at noon

      Prototypes and simulators place a key role in empirical Computer Science
      research. As a result, the researcher spends a lot of time developing and
      modifying software. Such endeavor is complicated by the lack of clear
      specs. After all, by the very nature of investigation, the specs of
      research software is not well established.

      This talk describes Extreme Programming, a very practical software
      engineering methodology designed for small groups working on not clearly
      specified software. These characteristics of Extreme Programming thus make
      it very useful for software development in the research setting.