Re: [XP] YAFAQ: Firm Requirements + DTSTTCPW

  • Ryan King
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 28, 2001
      On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 10:35:03PM -0600, Ryan King wrote:
      > This is a pretty clear example of the failings of XpForOne. Without a
      > company-wide emphasis on making sure the customers' problems are matched
      > 1:1 with relevant solutions, things fall through the cracks.

      I wrote that when I was tired, and ended up with a suboptimal wording. By
      "a suboptimal wording", I mean "nothing like what I intended to say".

      Anyhow, I don't want to make it sound like others in the company aren't
      concerned with making the customer's happy -- that's not the case at all.

      I just meant that the line between internal goals and external goals isn't
      as clearly delimited as it would be in an XP shop.

      Having a customer come in and write stories on cards, then creating
      engineering task cards to match, and keeping those two piles separate
      would help ensure that we all realize whether we're working on an
      internally or externally imposed tasks.

      That's what I meant -- sorry if I made things sound worse than they are. =)

      - Ryan King