RE: [XP] ASP and Unit Testing

  • Torben Wölm
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 11:38 PM
      I have written a very small ASP testing framework. It requires IE5 to be the
      client browser to do the testing from (because it uses MSXML).

      Is there somewhere I can post it? Or just send me a mail, and I will mail it
      directly to anyone who is interested.

      Regards,
      Torben
    • LANGE,MANFRED (HP-Germany,ex1)
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2 12:03 AM

        IE5 is not necessary. Microsoft's XML Parser is also available separately:

        a) click on the following link
        http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/topic.asp?URL=/msd
        n-files/028/000/072/topic.xml

        - OR (if the link does not work) -

        b) http://msdn.microsoft.com then
        - on the right, in "Key Topics" select "XML"
        - then on the next page, on the left select "XML Downloads"
        - then on the next page, on the left select "MSXML Parser 3.0 Release"

        BTW: For those using the Windows Installer: There is also a Merge Module
        available for that parser.

        > Is there somewhere I can post it? Or just send me a mail, and
        > I will mail it
        > directly to anyone who is interested.
        [...]

        Cheers,
        Manfred.
        - - -
        Manfred Lange, Member of R&D Staff, Network Support Lab, Hewlett-Packard
        Schickardstr. 25, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
        Tel: +49-7031-14-2795, Fax: +49-7031-14-4987
        Mail: Manfred_Lange@...

        "Only the paranoid survive!" (Andy S. Grove)
      • Torben Wölm
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2 12:10 AM
          Well, it probably isn't.

          It was the simplest way, I could think of, to explain that the html-page
          that executes the tests, uses XMLHTTP to connect to the pages where the
          ASP-code runs.

          So the requirements are: you need a browser that allows creation of the
          microsoft.XMLHTTP ActiveX object (from javascript), and a version of MSXML
          that includes the XMLHTTP-object.

          Regards,
          Torben