RE: [XP] Acceptance Tests spanning multiple stories

  • Bob Folline
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 17, 2001
      This is the method we use. I the task cannot be completed in a single
      cycle then you should split it into a couple tasks.

      Remember that a story can span multiple cycles but a task should be
      contained within a single cycle.

      There seems to be a lot of confusion as to stories being the work layer.
      We believe the story is a functionality or feature description and then we
      break
      that down into manageable testable tasks.

      Bob Folline

      From: Alan Francis <alan@...>
      > Imagine, if you will, a situation where the customer has given us a
      > story which asks for an employees payroll to have Fedral Tax, State
      > Tax and Union Dues deducted. All these things must go together to
      > have value. He's supplied us with one big AT which has some
      > employees, gross pay, tax rates, union dues etc and net pay.
      >
      > We say that's too big and we break it down into three stories:
      > Federal Tax + State Tax + Union Dues.
      >
      > What if we can only get Fed and State Tax done ?

      Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com