Re: [XP] OT Re: Ignoring exceptions

  • Laurent Bossavit
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2001
      > An interesting objection to Java. How do you create a reasonable syntax
      > and semantics that eliminates your OAOO objects *and* continues to
      > support defining interface methods with a throws signature?

      Touch�. ;)

      > Well, let's see: EmptyStack is a RuntimeException, so it isn't checked.

      My bad. The class java.awt.EventQueue declares it thrown, so I
      assumed it was checked.

      I agree that this is a usage problem rather than a language problem,
      though there Java is caught by the other prong of a horn I recall
      alluding to earlier - the "standard" libraries are all we are, and
      any competing (and possibly better designed) library is, by
      definition, not standard Java.

      But obviously I need to give the issue some more thought.

      -[Morendil]-
      This tagline reserved for internal kernel use.