RE: [XP] Iteration Planning using MS Project

  • Glen B. Alleman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2001
      We use MSFT project, but with an add on tool for www.criticaltools.com (this
      is NOT a plug). This allows the display of the work processes to be very
      personnel and task oriented, using a technique from long ago in the
      aerospace business called "hanging pert." A "picture" is a grid sorted by
      week, by person, by task which is a high level view of this cycles
      deliverables, without all the Gantt and time phased notation typically not
      very useful in the software development world. This removes all the
      management assumptions and clearly shows what is to be delivered in a
      specific time cycle, who has the lead for these items and what, if any,
      dependencies are in place for the deliverables.

      Glen B Alleman
      Niwot Ridge Consulting

      "Every even number greater than 2 is the sum of two primes"