Re: [XP] Lots of little subprojects

  • C. Keith Ray
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2001
      > I am trying to convince them that we should work on one project at a
      > time. Haven't done to well yet. I think the problem stems from the
      > disbelief that we can have 4-5 developers working at the same time on a
      > project that would normally be assigned to one person.

      My department is in a similar situation -- about as many projects as there
      are people. My sub-group has six projects and four people. However, most of
      those projects are maintenance mode: the occasional bug-fix. I try to keep
      most people on a single project most of the time.

      In your case, maybe you should try to work on a single project during each
      two week period. If unscheduled work arrives, put two people on it.

      ----

      C. Keith Ray
      <http://homepage.mac.com/keithray/resume.html>