Re: [XP] Find a good manager

  • Dossy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2000
      On 2000.12.11, Dinwiddie, George <George.Dinwiddie@...> wrote:
> [...]

      George,

      The interviewing process is two-way. Some techniques:

      Mention "Extreme Programming" and watch the reaction. If an
      immediate irrational argument as to "how ludicrous the notion
      of XP is" starts, that's one of my tell-tale signs to excuse
      myself for the bathroom or a cup of water, then run for the
      door.

      Ask "how poorly is the worst person on your team doing?" If
      they have no idea, I'd move on to my next interview ...
      (Bonus points: If they say "there are no bad people on my
      team" or worse "how could I possibly know that", run instead
      of walk to the nearest exit.)

      Ask for references. Ask to speak to ex-employees. Ask why
      they left. Ask to see their resignation letters, if they
      stayed around long enough (or cared enough) to write one.

      - Dossy

      --
      Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...