Re: [XP] Re: Re: Tracking

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2000
      Still not really answering your question ...

      So if your customer wants experience with your estimates, is she talking
      mostly about the progress on stories, or tasks? So in that case you would
      track ...

      Is she expecting estimates to converge on reality? Estimates converge on
      some degree of consistency, but we wouldn't expect that programmers would
      say "one day" and one day later things would be done. A case can be made
      that we don't even WANT that.

      The interesting thing about story progress is story velocity. The
      interesting thing about task progress is ... yes, task velocity. The task
      velocity need not "add up" to the story velocity. Nice if they do, but
      there's no reason to expect or require it. As you do stories and tasks, do

      Everyone should have a copy of my book in each room of the house, two in
      the bedroom. ;->

      Regards,

      Ron

      www.objectmentor.com