about agile office layout

  • larrydang_2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2013
      Excuse me, how should decorate, agile's office should be what
    • Phlip
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013

        On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM, <larrydang_2001@...> wrote:

        Excuse me, how should decorate, agile's office should be what

        Some common guidelines I've seen around:

        Put all the Pair Stations in a big ring, each with large monitors, and EXACTLY the same software, configured the same way, to exploit muscle memory. (Don't, for example, switch the Bash keystroke defaults on just one station from Emacs to Vim style.)

        Developers own chairs and keyboards. They carry their own keyboard with them when switching pairs, and they have their names pinned to the backs of their chairs. This will help with chair customization.

        The ring of desks with pair stations is inside a room with big whiteboards on the walls. Some are open for scribbling, and some have "do not erase" regions with "information radiators", such as the number of test cases, number of signups for a website, etc.

        The work area also has toys, food, and a cork board for user story cards.

        Just outside the work area, put a series of "cubbies" - desks with hoods that provide a little privacy. Workers can e-mail here, leave their backpacks, etc.
      • Steven Gordon
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013
          Google agile work space

          (or maybe just google how to google).

          On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM, <larrydang_2001@...> wrote:

          Excuse me, how should decorate, agile's office should be what

        • Daniel Wildt
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013
            Check this. It's from my Bluesoft friends, a software company from Brazil:

            There are other offices pictured there (text is in Portuguese).

            -- Daniel Wildt (+55 51 99989030) @dwildt

            On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Steven Gordon <sgordonphd@...> wrote:

            Google agile work space

            (or maybe just google how to google).

            On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM, <larrydang_2001@...> wrote:

            Excuse me, how should decorate, agile's office should be what

          • xyphrnld0x
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2013

              Some of my favorite Extreme team spaces:  http://powersoftwo.agileinstitute.com/2012/08/a-recipe-for-agile-team-space.html

              Take care,

              Rob
              Twitter: @agilecoach
              http://www.agileInstitute.com/
              Invited speaker at Agile for All's Humanizing Work Conference, 6-8 Nov 2013 in Denver, CO

[...]

            • Juan Labrada