Free Planning Poker Cards ?

  • Ram Srinivasan
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 27 4:22 PM
      Hello Folks,

      One of my clients' development teams love planning poker (R). I usually
      grab a couple of decks of planning poker cards when I attend conferences
      and give it to the teams. But this time, I do not have any to spare.
      Ironically, there is a budget freeze and they just cannot procure it now. I
      know we can write it on index cards (or playing cards) and use it, but
      something professional (with pictures for relative size comparison) is
      definitely more appealing

      We need something for about 40 people. Do you know of any company that will
      be able to give away (free) some planning poker cards? And it is definitely
      a great advertising for the company giving away cards !!

      Thanks,
      Ram

      PS1: I cannot disclose the name of the client as I am under NDA
      PS2: I live in New Jersey, and it can be shipped to me.

    • Michael McKechnie
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 28 6:17 AM
        I've had successful estimation sessions using hand-written numbers on story cards, and also using columns on a whiteboard with (and without) numbers on the columns. If you can't find cards in time, you might try these. If I want to avoid anchoring while using the board method, I get folks to flash a number of fingers at the same time.

        Alternatively, have somebody bring in regular cards and treat the card values as powers of two :)