Re: [XP] XP for one?

  • Jeff Langr
    Message 1 of 12 , May 15 12:11 PM
      Someone looking over your shouldn't isn't really pair programming. It
      doesn't help much. Pairing is instead two people actively collaborating on
      building a solution.

      Some benefits:
      http://pragprog.com/magazines/2011-07/pair-programming-benefits

      Jeff

      Langr Software Solutions, Inc.
      http://langrsoft.com
      Modern C++ Programming with TDD
      http://pragprog.com/book/lotdd/modern-c-programming-with-test-driven-development

      Agile in a Flash blog http://agileinaflash.com
      Agile in a Flash: A top 20 agile book!
      http://pragprog.com/book/olag/agile-in-a-flash

      On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM, The Knightlore <warren1024@...>wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I've just started Ron's book Extreme Programming Adventures in C#.
      >
      > I really like the idea of XP but being a lone developer, I was wondering
      > whether or not you could still be deemed to be doing XP without pair coding?
      >
      > Perhaps I could embrace my split personality, the side of me that wants to
      > get things done and my annoying perfectionist, to help imitate the pair
      > programming?
      >
      > I suppose I'm missing the point of the advantages gained from pair
      > programming, but if I bare in mind, that someone should be looking over my
      > shoulder and vice versa, could I achieve some of that benefit?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Warren.

    • Jeff Langr
      Message 2 of 12 , May 15 12:11 PM