ANN: NUnitLite 0.9 Release

  • Charlie Poole
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 11:33 AM
      Hi All,

      I'm announcing the release of NUnitLite 0.9 today.

      In case you were not aware, NUnitLite has surprised me by attracting a
      lot of users who previously used full-on NUnit. I originally intended it
      for
      use on platforms with limited resources, but it turns out that the
      simplicity
      of a test framework is appealing in other contexts as well.

      Here are some of the major changes in the 0.9 release:

      Framework

      * A .NET 4.5 build is included. When using the 4.5 package,
      C# 5.0 async methods may be used as tests, as the target of
      a Throws constraint and as an ActualValueDelegate returning
      the value to be tested.

      * Experimental builds for Silverlight 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 are included.

      * TestContext.Random may be used to provide random values of various
      types for use in your tests.

      * The experimental Asynchronous attribute has been removed.

      Runner

      * The runner now supports the -include and -exclude options, which
      are used to specify categories of tests to be included in a run.

      * Test execution time is now reported at a higher resolution on
      systems that support it.

      Bug Fixes

      * 501784 Theory tests do not work correctly when using null parameters
      * 671432 Upgrade NAnt to Latest Release
      * 1028188 Add Support for Silverlight
      * 1029785 Test loaded from remote folder failed to run with exception
      System.IO.Directory Not Found
      * 1057981 C#5 async tests are not supported
      * 1060631 Add .NET 4.5 build
      * 1064014 Simple async tests should not return Task<T>
      * 1071164 Support async methods in usage scenarios of Throws
      constraints
      * 1071714 TestContext is broken when a previous version of the runner
      is used alongside a new version of the framework
      * 1071861 Error in Path Constraints
      * 1072379 Report test execution time at a higher resolution
      * 1073750 Remove Asynchronous Attribute
      * 1074568 Assert/Assume should support an async method for the
      ActualValueDelegate
      * 1082330 Better Exception if SetCulture attribute is applied multiple
      times
      * 1111834 Expose Random Object as part of the test context
      * 1172979 Add Category Support to nunitlite Runner
      * 1174741 sl-4.0 csproj file is corrupt

      You can download NUnitLite 0.9 from http://launchpad.net/nunitlite or via
      NuGet. The web
      site is at www.nunitlite.org.