Is this an XP style working environment for the Boeing 787 battery system team?

  • Allen Higgins
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2013
      Q: Do Boeing teams and/or their contractors employ XP work practices as a
      given?
      e.g. user story cards, task boards, burndown charts, using the walls,
      collaborative design spaces, collective ownership.

      Looking at Gizmag's image gallery, the photos reveal an office environment
      that, to my eyes, looks like an XP style workplace.

      http://www.gizmag.com/boeing-battery-final-certification-test/26956/pictures#2

      http://www.gizmag.com/boeing-battery-final-certification-test/26956/pictures#4

      Allen

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2013
        Allen,

        On Apr 8, 2013, at 7:10 AM, Allen Higgins <allen.higgins@...> wrote:

        > Q: Do Boeing teams and/or their contractors employ XP work practices as a
        > given?
        > e.g. user story cards, task boards, burndown charts, using the walls,
        > collaborative design spaces, collective ownership.
        >
        > Looking at Gizmag's image gallery, the photos reveal an office environment
        > that, to my eyes, looks like an XP style workplace.

        I don't think you can detect XP from looking at the walls ...

        Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor -- Anne Lamott

      • Liang Qiao
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2013
          It may be true, or not.
          You could see same thing in Scrum, even in waterfall.

          乔梁(Qiao Liang)

          Blog: http://blog.csdn.net/tony1130

          On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Allen Higgins <allen.higgins@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Q: Do Boeing teams and/or their contractors employ XP work practices as a
          > given?
          > e.g. user story cards, task boards, burndown charts, using the walls,
          > collaborative design spaces, collective ownership.
          >
          > Looking at Gizmag's image gallery, the photos reveal an office environment
          > that, to my eyes, looks like an XP style workplace.
          >

          > http://www.gizmag.com/boeing-battery-final-certification-test/26956/pictures#2
          >

          > http://www.gizmag.com/boeing-battery-final-certification-test/26956/pictures#4
          >
          > Allen

        • Allen Higgins
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2013
            Indeed, one can read too much into traces appearing on walls.