Re: [XP] Overview of software engineering methods makes some controversial conclusions

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 30, 2013
      > From: JeffGrigg <jeffreytoddgrigg@...>

      > I have observed that pair programming, done badly, doubles cost with no obvious benefits.

      > But done well, it starts with at least doubling the speed of the better
      > member. And it gets better from there. Motivating and empowering smart
      > people can have large effects.

      All good and well, I suppose, but my biggest complaint with the article was that (regardless of how well written or how many numbers) it makes no sense.

      It's like comparing if it's better to drive using a steering wheel, or on the highway. At some point you have to wonder what was he was smoking.

      Tim Ottinger <tottinge@...>
      http://industriallogic.com/
      http://agileotter.blogspot.com/