Help needed for a research study on the management of software development

  • Alder
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2013
      Dear folks,

      I'm a PhD student at Queen's University. I need your help with
      one of my PhD thesis projects. Please consider participating in a survey
      regarding the management of software development projects if you are a
      software development professional and have at least 1 year of experience
      in a software development project(s) (The role could be a project
      manager, business/system analyst, business/system architect, programmer,
      tester, consultant, or a similar software development project role).

      Briefly speaking, this research aims to investigate beliefs and
      preferences regarding the management of software development projects.
      We want to learn about how you, as a software development professional,
      view and value different types of software development concepts and
      principles. These concepts and principles are derived from our
      interviews with 19 software development experts and comprehensive
      literature review on multiple software development methodologies and
      best practices, such as RUP, CMMI, XP, Scrum, FDD, Lean, TSP. We seek to
      find out what concepts/principles are generally clustered together and
      which types of people are in favor of the specific sets of
      concepts/principles. We believe that this would help organizations
      understand adoption barriers of software development methodologies and
      provide insight into how to tailor methodologies for different project

      The survey will take you approximately 25-40 minutes to complete,
      depending on the number of concepts you identify. As a small token of
      thanks, I would like to give you a $10 eGift card (e.g., Starbucks) for
      participating in this study. Should you be interested, you are entitled
      to a copy of the findings.

      If participating in this study is of interest to you, please click the
      following URL to enter the survey.

      Your help with this research would be greatly appreciated.

      Yi-Te Chiu
      PhD Candidate, Management Information Systems
      Queen's School of Business, Queen's University