Re: [XP] How to find a good XP team/shop?

  • John Roth
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2013
      I see notes about unpaid internships being fairly common in some areas.
      Mostly these are from people who consider the practice abusive, but I
      doubt if I'd be seeing them if the practice wasn't widespread in some
      niches.

      John Roth

      On 1/31/13 10:59 AM, Kay wrote:

      > Hey, Ron,
      >
      > I read "come to work with them for a while" as being a period of time
      > longer than a day. so my bad, I guess. I have heard of "interviews"
      > that included a half-day or so of pairing... and I'd certainly be
      > willing to do that.
      >
      > The rent question was rhetorical.
      >
      > But I suspect you knew that.
      >
      > Kay
      >
      > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:extremeprogramming%40yahoogroups.com>, Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Kay,
      > >
      > > On Jan 31, 2013, at 11:45 AM, "Kay" wrote:
      > >
      > > > I don't understand. They want you to work for nothing? And for how
      > long?
      > >
      > > I said they would want to work with people. A day might suffice. I
      > don't have an opinion on who should pay.
      > > >
      > > > How does one pay rent with no income??
      > >

      > > I don't know that.
      > >
      > > Ron Jeffries
      > > www.XProgramming.com
      > > Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. -- Muhammad Ali

    • markusdeibel
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2013
        Thanks for the advice so far. These are some good starting points I can work with.

        Thanks,
        Markus