Re: [XP] How to find a good XP team/shop?

  • Kay
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2013
      Hey, Ron,

      I read "come to work with them for a while" as being a period of time longer than a day. so my bad, I guess. I have heard of "interviews" that included a half-day or so of pairing... and I'd certainly be willing to do that.

      The rent question was rhetorical.

      But I suspect you knew that.

      Kay

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > Hi Kay,
      >
      > On Jan 31, 2013, at 11:45 AM, "Kay" wrote:
      >
      > > I don't understand. They want you to work for nothing? And for how long?
      >
      > I said they would want to work with people. A day might suffice. I don't have an opinion on who should pay.
      > >
      > > How does one pay rent with no income??
      >

      > I don't know that.
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. -- Muhammad Ali

    • John Roth
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2013
        I see notes about unpaid internships being fairly common in some areas.
        Mostly these are from people who consider the practice abusive, but I
        doubt if I'd be seeing them if the practice wasn't widespread in some
        niches.

        John Roth

        On 1/31/13 10:59 AM, Kay wrote:

        > Hey, Ron,
        >
        > I read "come to work with them for a while" as being a period of time
        > longer than a day. so my bad, I guess. I have heard of "interviews"
        > that included a half-day or so of pairing... and I'd certainly be
        > willing to do that.
        >
        > The rent question was rhetorical.
        >
        > But I suspect you knew that.
        >
        > Kay
        >
        > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:extremeprogramming%40yahoogroups.com>, Ron Jeffries wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Kay,
        > >
        > > On Jan 31, 2013, at 11:45 AM, "Kay" wrote:
        > >
        > > > I don't understand. They want you to work for nothing? And for how
        > long?
        > >
        > > I said they would want to work with people. A day might suffice. I
        > don't have an opinion on who should pay.
        > > >
        > > > How does one pay rent with no income??
        > >

        > > I don't know that.
        > >
        > > Ron Jeffries
        > > www.XProgramming.com
        > > Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. -- Muhammad Ali

      • markusdeibel
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2013
          Thanks for the advice so far. These are some good starting points I can work with.

          Thanks,
          Markus